Wednesday, 3 October 2012

R.I.P.


You should know the trauma happened on the National Day 2012, right?

Undoubtedly we feel really sad about it.



Sorry, I am not focusing on the trauma itself,

but I want you to think "How did you know that?"

Instead of receiving it from the instant news from the TV or radio,

I believe that most of us were knowing it from the new media such as Facebook and Instagram, right?

At least, I was!



Thus, I realised the good side of the new media that information can be spread in a very rapid rate.

After the crisis happened, the Internet was all about this

It is undeniable that it has aroused social concern.

We appreciate those who contribute a lot on the issue

and the new media also helps attract people to provide assistance to those victims.



The public always criticises the new media that it brings negative phenomenon.

I don't think so, how about you?

Leave some comments.

4 comments:

  1. For such sad incidence, I saw it from tvb, but the facebook really bring up more and more blessings and prayers for the incident and there were many touching story of people saving others lives selfishless. On the other hand, there were many complaints and comments on the government and there were also some dispute and arguments with the scholarism. New Media brings the whole worlds phenomenon, it brings you to all the negative and positive side. But I think new media is good in which it brings us looker dynamically to the world. Thanks Pat, You have use this new media in a beautiful way, a positive phenomenon=]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also heard the news from TVB. it's definitely a tragic.
    I think the social platforms like Facebook also help make the news viral, letting more ppl know about the tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Social media platforms does help a lot to spread news these days. More importantly we are able to give our blessings and care for them through these platforms, which we could not have been able to do before. Deepest Condolences to the victims.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Media really changes our life.
    However, we are also waiting for detailed report from traditional media. Right?

    ReplyDelete