Wednesday, 10 October 2012

People Around Us? or Machines Around Us?


Some psychologists aroused an issue in recent year that people tend to "interact" with the iPhones more than with their family members, friends, etc. Did you have any similar experience? When there is a gathering with your primary schoolmates, people were only concerning the group photos at the end of the gathering so that they could upload it to their Facebook and Instagram with some touching schedule and then attracts people to click the "LIKE" button. Just that simple. As a result, nobody enjoy the process of meeting friends who haven't met for almost ten years . 

Last Sunday, my family planed to go yum cha on that afternoon when we all woke up. However, at the end my Dad got mad on my Mum, so cute. The dialogue were as following:

MUM: Hey Dad, we are gonna go out at 2 for yum cha.

DAD: I won't go today.

MUM: Why?

DAD: We all only meet each other once a week but you never treasure the time when we gather. Last time when we yum cha, you were looking at your iPhone all the time for the Tai Wan drama and laugh. Anymore interaction in this family? (as I am living hall now and one of my sis was moving out to live with her husband)

Mum: Okay, I am so sorry. I wont be like that today. I promise.

Dad: Okay, I go. Wakakakakakakaka. I have your words.


Although my Dad was not really that serious, we can have some ideas about the effects of these new technology. Thus, how about your life? Should you interact with the people around you more than the machines? Or you have already done a good job? You all better think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment